Other articles included:
- Oracle Developer and Developer Server 6i was released. These new tools also form the underlying technology for the Oracle Applications release 11i.
- We also have the launch of Oracle Designer 6i with new features including: Repository based configuration management, support for files and folders, detailed dependency analysis, enhanced support for Oracle 8i server generation, enhanced generation of Oracle Developer Forms and visual repository extensibility.
- Oracle releases the Oracle Discoverer Y2K Assistance. This was workbook identifies possible Y2K errors in the end user layer
- Oracle Express 6.3 is released.
- Oracle 8i is released for the Apple Macintosh
- Oracle JDeveloper Modeling Tools are scheduled for release in early 2000 and will provide an single integrated toolset that will include: the Unified Modelling Language (UML) support, Java editing, compiling and debugging, Java runtime component framework for persistence and transactions, Multi-user repository for managing models as well as files, and Deployment to choice of servers in an n-tier environment.
- The Business and Accounting Software Developers Association and the German Association for Technical Inspection have certified Oracle Financials Release 11 for Euro (€) compliance.
- Donald Burleson has an article on Tuning Disk I/O in Oracle 8. Be sure to tune your SQL before you start to reorganise your disks.The article looks at how you can investigate if a disk becomes stalled while handling simultaneous I/O request and proposes a couple of ways you can address these issues.
- Joe Johnson’s article on Using Oracle Database Auditing to Tune Performance looks at how you can tune the components of the SGA, in particular the shared pool and the database buffer cache.
To view the cover page and the table of contents click on the image at the top of this post or click here.
My Oracle Magazine Collection can be found here. You will find links to my blog posts on previous editions and a PDF for the very first Oracle Magazine from June 1987.