The Early Adopter 2 of Oracle SQL Developer was released yesterday (Thursday 12th Sept). To install this new version of the Tool, including Oracle Data Miner, you can follow the instructions below
- Go to the EA2 download page and download the EA2 release
- Unzip the EA2 download
- Create a new shortcut that point to the sqldeveloper.exe
- Start SQL Developer EA2
- You will be prompted for the location of the Java JDK. On my VM it was C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_25.
- Next you are prompted about importing your setting from the previous version. Select Yes.
- After the setting have been imported SQL Developer will open and you are now able to enjoy
Oracle Data Miner
- For Oracle Data Miner you need to make the option visible by selecting Tools->Data Miner->Make Visible. This will open the ODM connection tabs along with a couple of others. I’m running the following on a 12.1c database.
- Open one of your ODM connections by double clicking on it.
- ODM will check the version of the ODM repository in the DB. You will be prompted to upgrade the ODM repository to the latest version. Click on the Yes button
- Enter the SYS password, or talk nicely to your DBA.
- Then click the Start button to start the ODM repository upgrade
- This will take anything from a minute to 10 minutes, depending on the location of the DB and your network.
- When everything is finished you can close the window and start using Oracle Data Miner by opening an existing workflow or by creating a new one.